The other outstanding tie will see German champions Bayern Munich entertain Chelsea at the Allianz Arena in pole position having won 3-0 in the first leg. The winners of those four ties will join the already-qualified quartet of Atalanta, RB Leipzig, Atletico Madrid and Paris Saint-Germain in the last eight. The latter stages will be played out in a unique final eight straight knockout format in Lisbon in August, starting on August 12 with the first quarter-final and concluding with the final at Benfica’s Estadio da Luz on August 23. All quarter-final and semi-final ties will be one-off matches. The Portuguese capital was announced as the venue in June but has since registered worrying numbers of coronavirus cases, with lockdown restrictions reimposed last week on 19 neighbourhoods across the northern periphery of Lisbon. The restrictions concern some 700,000 people and will remain in place for at least a fortnight. The Europa League will also be completed with an identical format, a final eight in Germany, with the final in Cologne on August 21. However, none of the last-16 ties have been completed, with only six of the eight first legs having been played. Benfica’s home stadium, the Estadio da Luz, will host the 2020 Champions League final Read Also: Ronaldo shows off ripped body as he recovers from AC Milan loss The other two ties – Inter Milan v Getafe and Sevilla v Roma – will be played as one-off ties in Germany. The women’s Champions League will be completed with a final eight in San Sebastian and Bilbao in Spain’s Basque Country between August 21 and 30. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 However, following a review, UEFA has decided to allow those sides who were supposed to be at home to play the matches in their own stadiums on August 7 and 8. It means that Italian champions Juventus will host Lyon in Turin looking to overturn a 1-0 deficit from the first leg played in France in late February. Loading… “Several elements were taken into account by UEFA when making a decision, such as the protection of the health of all those involved in the matches as well as the public at large; a responsibility to provide the safest environment for matches in order to guarantee the progress of competitions; as well as ensuring sporting fairness within a very inconsistent landscape (with some countries allowing and some forbidding stadium attendances),” European football’s governing body said in a statement. It added that “in light of the current situation, the UEFA Executive Committee felt it prudent to conclude that UEFA matches should take place behind closed doors until further notice.” UEFA said the decision had been made “in agreement with the national associations and authorities of the final eight tournaments’ hosts Germany, Portugal and Spain”. It also confirmed that “irrespective of any future decision, for reasons of sporting fairness”, all matches in the qualifying rounds of next season’s European competitions which are due to be held as a single-leg ties – so not including the play-offs for the Champions League – will be played behind closed doors. – Last-16 venues decided – Meanwhile, the remaining last-16 games, which were postponed in March because of the coronavirus pandemic, will not be played on neutral grounds when they finally go ahead in August. UEFA had indicated last month that the matches could be played in the northern Portuguese cities of Porto and Guimaraes depending on the health situation around the continent. The final eight of this season’s Champions League in Lisbon is set to go ahead behind closed doors after UEFA confirmed Thursday that all matches in European competitions would be played without spectators “until further notice” because of the coronavirus pandemic. The decision also affects the four outstanding last 16, second-leg matches, as well as the remainder of this season’s Europa League and the women’s Champions League final eight, to be played in Spain in August. Manchester City will defend a 2-1 lead when they entertain record 13-time champions Real Madrid at the Etihad Stadium, while Barcelona will host Napoli at the Camp Nou with that tie poised following a 1-1 draw in the first leg. Promoted Content7 Universities In The World With The Highest Market ValueThis Guy Photoshopped Himself Into Celeb Pics And It’s HystericalThe Highest Paid Football Players In The World7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend Better2020 Tattoo Trends: Here’s What You’ll See This YearWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?Who Earns More Than Ronaldo?A Soviet Shot Put Thrower’s Record Hasn’t Been Beaten To This Day10 Places On Our Planet Where The Most People Live7 Universities Where Getting An Education Costs A Hefty Penny5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme Parks7 Of The Wealthiest Universities In The World
DANUSHKA Gunathilaka’s century was in vain as Sri Lanka slipped to an ODI series defeat in Pakistan.The opener scored 133 from 134 balls in the third and final match in Karachi, but Sri Lanka could still manage only 297-9 from their 50 overs.Fakhar Zaman (76) and Abid Ali’s (74) opening partnership of 123 laid the platform for Pakistan to overhaul the tourists’ score with 10 balls to spare.Pakistan therefore won the three-match series 2-0 and focus now shifts to the three-match T20 series, which starts tomorrow.Gunathilaka hit 16 fours and a six in an innings that was finally ended in the 45th over when he was removed by a Mohammad Amir yorker.That his dismissal reduced Sri Lanka to 243-6 was indicative of the lack of support he received.Lahiru Thirimanne (36), debutant Minod Bhanuka (36) and Dasun Shanaka (43) were the only other players to pass 13, while Pakistan’s bowlers all kept things relatively tight with the exception of Wahab Riaz (1-81 from 10).Pakistan quickly set about making light work of the target, with 123 runs on the board by the time Abid fell to Wanindu Hasaranga in the 20th over.Haris Sohail struck a 46-ball 50 as he and Sarfraz Ahmed (23) comfortably guided Pakistan towards victory, which was secured with successive fours from Iftikhar Ahmed after poor deliveries down leg from Nuwan Pradeep. (Yahoo Sport)
To no one’s surprise, the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame will induct Kobe Bryant posthumously later this year. Bryant will join Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett and six others as part of the 2020 class, but the ceremony will obviously be bittersweet.Bryant and his 13-year-old daughter, Gianna, were among nine people killed in a helicopter crash on Jan. 26. Bryant’s wife, Vanessa, was understandably emotional when speaking to ESPN’s Rece Davis on Saturday after the Hall of Fame revealed Bryant was part of the star-studded class. “Those qualities helped Kobe lead us to five titles — and have now brought him to the Hall of Fame, where he will be enshrined with the greatest to have ever played the game. No one deserves it more.”What a journey it’s been. Welcome to the Hall of Fame, Kobe. pic.twitter.com/4tLIttRyaW— Los Angeles Lakers (@Lakers) April 4, 2020Lakers vice president of basketball operations Rob Pelinka, who was Bryant’s agent for years before shifting to a front office role, said the induction is an honor that Bryant would “deeply appreciate.””The highest of congratulations to you, dear friend,” Pelinka said. “This one is so well deserved — for all the hard work, sweat and toil. Now, a part of you will live in the Hall with the rest of the all-time greats, where your legend and spirit will continue to grow forever.” MORE: Iman Shumpert shares a classic Kobe story”It’s an incredible accomplishment and honor, and we’re extremely proud of him,” Vanessa said alongside her daughter Natalia. “Obviously we wish that he was here with us to celebrate. But it’s definitely the peak of his NBA career, and every accomplishment that he had as an athlete was a stepping stone to be here.”We’re incredibly proud of him, and there’s some solace in knowing that he was probably going to be a part of the 2020 Hall of Fame class.””We’re incredibly proud of him.”Vanessa and Natalia Bryant joined Rece Davis after Kobe’s induction into the Basketball Hall of Fame. pic.twitter.com/HX31pyvgPe— ESPN (@espn) April 4, 2020The Lakers superstar spent his entire career in Los Angeles, winning five NBA championships and earning 18 All-Star selections.”No amount of words can fully describe what Kobe Bryant meant to the Los Angeles Lakers,” Lakers governor Jeanie Buss said in a team statement. “Kobe was not only a proven winner and a champion, he gave everything he had to the game of basketball. His fierce competitiveness, work ethic and drive were unmatched.
MASON CITY — The Cerro Gordo County Board of Supervisors Tuesday passed the second reading of an amendment to the ordinance regarding the use of golf carts on roads in the unincorporated areas of the county, and the supervisors will be considering a change of the county’s all-terrain vehicle and off-road utility vehicles ordinance to clean up some language dealing with golf carts.Under the previous version of the ordinance, golf carts could only be operated on certain county roads for the purpose of traveling to and from a golf course located within the county. If approved on three readings, the amendment would allow golf carts to be operated on roads in any unincorporated areas that do not have a posted speed limit of 55 miles per hour. Golf carts would be required to have a six-foot high flag and have a slow-moving sign on the back of it.The county’s director of administrative services Tom Meyer says the county now needs to alter the ATV and Off-Road Utility Vehicle ordinance to exclude golf carts. “I’ve been in contact with the Department of Natural Resources. Currently, golf carts can be registered as off-road vehicles through the county recorder, so in order to have our golf cart ordinance take over golf carts, we’re going to have to put a provision in the current ATV ordinance basically excluding those from that ordinance and then they would fall to the golf cart ordinance.”Meyer says there’s also some safety issues with golf carts that aren’t covered under the ATV ordinance. “If a golf cart got registered through the ATV ordinance, of course there’s less safety precautions as we’re going to have in the golf cart ordinance for those types of slow-moving vehicle. So there are additional provisions under the golf cart ordinance that would provide more visual signage on the golf cart that would be required.”The supervisors set the public hearing and first consideration of changing the ATV ordinance for their July 30th meeting. The supervisors will also act on the third and final reading of the golf cart ordinance changes at that same meeting.