… to stretch lead against Barbados PrideFRONTRUNNERS Guyana Jaguars will aim to stretch their lead when they play the visiting Barbados Pride in round four of the West Indies Cricket Board’s Professional Cricket League (PCL) Regional Four-Day Competition from Friday at the Guyana National Stadium, Providence.The game is a day/night encounter and starts at 15:00hrs daily.The Jaguars are leading the points table, despite a below par performance so far.They currently sit on 33.6 points, .2 more than second-place Barbados Pride. Leeward Islands Hurricanes have emerged as a strong force and are in third place with 29.4 points after hugging the bottom of the table for many years. Still, it is a very close race, with six points separating first to fifth.Jamaica Scorpions (28.6), Trinidad and Tobago Red Force (27), while Windward Islands Volcanoes are at the bottom with 17.6 points.Meanwhile, head coach Esaun Crandon in an exclusive interview yesterday underlined the importance of home advantage, adding that the team will have to come out and play good cricket in order to be victorious.Esaun Crandon“It is important that we press home any advantage we have. We know that Barbados are very fierce opponents over the years, but obviously we know the conditions better than they,” Crandon pointed out.The former Guyana fast bowler added, “We had the opportunity to play a day/night game in St Lucia, so we know what to expect during the day and what to expect during the night, but overall we need to play better cricket than Barbados.”The 34-year-old Crandon, who took 90 wickets from 38 First-Class games, also highlighted the importance of the fourth round encounter, adding that a win will further strengthen the Jaguars’ position.“Obviously the game is very important for us taking into consideration we are just .2 points ahead. So we need to play good cricket over those four days and once we execute well, we can comes out on top,” Crandon said.Unlike the previous two years, the back-to-back champions have not clicked as a unit so far this season, and Crandon is well aware that there are some concerns, which need to be addressed ahead of Friday’s encounter.“Our batting and fielding are the areas we need to improve on. We need our batsmen to start converting to three figures. Also our shot-selection is something we need to look at,” Crandon said.On the other hand, Barbados Pride have been significantly strengthened, with five West Indies players returning to the 13-man squad.Opener Kraigg Brathwaite, left-hander Jonathan Carter, wicketkeeper Shane Dowrich, batsman Shai Hope and off-spinning all-rounder Ashley Nurse, replaced the injured Kenroy Williams, wicketkeeper Mario Rampersaud, leg-spinner Nikolai Charles, batsman Aaron Jones and fast bowler Kevin McLean.All five players were members of the West Indies side who last week returned from the Tri-Nations Series in Zimbabwe.The Jaguars are yet to confirm their squad.
The referee at the centre of the controversial penalty decision that helped hosts Equatorial Guinea to reach the Nations Cup semi-finals has been banned for six months, CAF said in a statement on Tuesday.Rajindraparsad Seechurn of Mauritius has also been excluded from the list of top African officials, effectively ending his international career, the Confederation of African Football added.The Tunisian team, some of whom attempted to attack the referee after Saturday’s 2-1 quarter-final loss after the extra time in Bata, were handed a US$ 50,000 fine but no individual sanctions were announced.Opponents Equatorial Guinea were also sanctioned for poor security at the match.CAF’s REPORT: At its extraordinary meeting held at the CAF headquarters In Bata, Equatorial Guinea on the 2ndFebruary, 2015, the CAF Referees Committee reviewed the performance of the referee Seechurn Rajindrapasard (Mauritius) during Match No. 26, Tunisia vs. Equatorial Guinea played on 31 January 2015 in Bata in the final tournament of the 2015 Orange Africa Cup of Nations. The Referees Committee noted with regret the poor performance of the referee during the match, including an unacceptable failure to maintain calm and ensure proper control of the players during the match. Hence the Referees Committee decided: – To end the mission of Seechurn Rajindrapasard as a referee for the Orange AFCON 2015– To suspend him for a period of six (6) months for poor performance– To delist him from the CAF “A” Elite Referees panel. _ _ _ _ _ At its meeting at CAF Headquarters in Bata, Equatorial Guinea, on the 3rd February 2015, the Disciplinary Board considered all the incidents and reports of the various officials relating to the match no. 26 Tunisia vs. Equatorial Guinea played on 31 January 2015. The incidents noted in the meeting, included a pitch invasion by fans, the aggressive attitude of some supporters in the stands, invading of the pitch after the final whistle by players and substitutes of the Tunisian team – insulting the referee of the match and trying to physically assault him – the regrettable behavior of the president of the Tunisian Football Federation (FTF), Mr. Wadie Jary, entering the field of play and strongly criticizing the referee and CAF; and vandalism by some Tunisian players which included breaking of a door in the locker room area and a fridge. The disciplinary board also studied two letters sent by the Tunisian Federation dated the 2ndFebruary 2015; the first letter concerning the explanation of the FTF in connection with the above incidents, the second correspondence requesting an investigation. The second letter clearly suggested that CAF and its officials were questionable and biased against Tunisia in general and that CAF, its officials and committees were devoid of sporting ethics, causing in a premeditated manner the elimination of Tunisia from the Orange AFCON 2015. The following decisions were taken against the respective parties, Tunisia and Equatorial Guinea: Tunisian Football FederationBased on Articles 82, 83, 125 and 133 of the Disciplinary Code of CAF, the Disciplinary Jury of CAF: – Asked the Equatorial Guinean party to estimate the cost of repairing the damage caused by the Tunisian party at the stadium in Bata and CAF will provide this amount to the Tunisian Federation to cover it. – Condemned the conduct of Mr. Wadie Jary, president of the Tunisian Football Federation and member of the Organising Committee of the AFCON. – Imposed on the Tunisian Federation a fine of US$ 50,000 (Fifty Thousand United States Dollars) for the insolent, aggressive and unacceptable behavior of the players and officials of the Tunisian team during the aforementioned game. – Instructed the Tunisian Federation to send to CAF before February 5th at midnight, a letter of apology for the insinuations of bias and lack of ethics against CAF and its officials, or to present irrefutable evidence to substantiate the accusations of the FTF. Should the Federation not send this letter of apology or required evidence before the stated deadline, the disciplinary panel would suggest to the Executive Committee of CAF additional sanctions, including the possibility not to accept the participation of the national team of Tunisia in the next edition of Cup of Nations, AFCON, 2017. Equatorial Guinean Football FederationConsidering the pitch invasion by some Equatoguinean fans and the lack of security measures observed, and based on Article 151 para 2 of the CAF Disciplinary Code, the Disciplinary Jury of CAF imposed a financial penalty of US$5,000 (Five Thousand US Dollars) on FEGUIFUT, and asked them to ensure that all security arrangements are taken to ensure the smooth running of the matches of the semifinals and finals of the Orange Africa Cup of Nations in 2015
Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Error In a court of law, any evidence that the St. Louis Cardinals are stealing signs from Dodgers catcher A.J. Ellis would barely qualify as “circumstantial.” Yet the questions were asked, because there had to be some reason why Clayton Kershaw imploded in the seventh inning of Game 1 of the National League Division Series on Friday. Kershaw allowed eight runs in a game for only the second time in his career. The first time was a July 2012 game — against St. Louis. Adding fuel to the conspiracy theories: Kershaw had not pitched out of the stretch prior to the seventh inning Friday. Afterward, until he was lifted, there was always a runner on base.Could it be the Cardinals are stealing signs? Cardinals manager Mike Matheny played with McGwire for two seasons and managed alongside him for one more. He isn’t flattered by questions about his team stealing signs.“That would be an insult, absolutely,” Matheny said. “Our guys go about their at-bats like pros and there’s a lot of things that are going to be said from a lot of different people, and that’s all it is. It’s just rumor and right now it could just be a distraction.“We go about our business the way we go about it. Whatever’s going to be said is going to be said.”Ryu ready?Dodgers left-hander Hyun-Jin Ryu normally doesn’t throw bullpen sessions between starts, but he did Friday. The purpose, Mattingly said, was “just telling us how good he’s feeling.”Ryu also threw a 45-pitch simulated game Wednesday. He hasn’t appeared in a game since Sept. 12, when a shoulder injury ended his start against the San Francisco Giants after one inning.The Dodgers are counting on a complete recovery when Ryu starts Game 3 in St. Louis on Monday.“Everything’s pretty much on target with Hyun-Jin,” Mattingly said. “He’s feeling good so we’re pretty confident that’s going to be ready to go.”Also …Cardinals catcher Yadier Molina won’t be suspended for shoving umpire Jerry Meals during a fracas in the third inning of Game 1. According to one report, MLB was considering fining Molina, who was booed heavily before each of his at-bats Saturday. … Infielder Miguel Rojas said that he will play Winter League baseball for La Guaira of the Venezuelan League. The league begins play next week. Rojas said he will spend a week in Miami after the Dodgers’ season ends before returning to his native country. … Outfielder Joc Pederson, who spent last winter in Venezuela, said that he’ll play in the Dominican Winter League instead. He hasn’t officially signed with a team. The verdict: Probably not.“All the years from being hitting coach to watching, I have one guy that’s ever relayed signs from second base — the actual sign, the actual pitch,” Dodgers manager Don Mattingly said. “Most teams, and we know it, everybody tries to pretty much give location. It’s common. … it’s just not that easy.“We know they’re trying to do it and everybody tries to do it. We’re switching signs. It’s just not that easy.”Dodgers hitting coach Mark McGwire, who spent parts of eight seasons in the Cardinals organization as a player or coach, said he played with “a few guys who leaned on tips — signs and tendencies.”“But I didn’t like it,” McGwire added. “As a hitter, you don’t want to know. Probably 98 percent of the players today don’t care to have anything like that.”
MASON CITY — The Cerro Gordo County Board of Supervisors Tuesday passed the second reading of an amendment to the ordinance regarding the use of golf carts on roads in the unincorporated areas of the county, and the supervisors will be considering a change of the county’s all-terrain vehicle and off-road utility vehicles ordinance to clean up some language dealing with golf carts.Under the previous version of the ordinance, golf carts could only be operated on certain county roads for the purpose of traveling to and from a golf course located within the county. If approved on three readings, the amendment would allow golf carts to be operated on roads in any unincorporated areas that do not have a posted speed limit of 55 miles per hour. Golf carts would be required to have a six-foot high flag and have a slow-moving sign on the back of it.The county’s director of administrative services Tom Meyer says the county now needs to alter the ATV and Off-Road Utility Vehicle ordinance to exclude golf carts. “I’ve been in contact with the Department of Natural Resources. Currently, golf carts can be registered as off-road vehicles through the county recorder, so in order to have our golf cart ordinance take over golf carts, we’re going to have to put a provision in the current ATV ordinance basically excluding those from that ordinance and then they would fall to the golf cart ordinance.”Meyer says there’s also some safety issues with golf carts that aren’t covered under the ATV ordinance. “If a golf cart got registered through the ATV ordinance, of course there’s less safety precautions as we’re going to have in the golf cart ordinance for those types of slow-moving vehicle. So there are additional provisions under the golf cart ordinance that would provide more visual signage on the golf cart that would be required.”The supervisors set the public hearing and first consideration of changing the ATV ordinance for their July 30th meeting. The supervisors will also act on the third and final reading of the golf cart ordinance changes at that same meeting.
Matteo Guidicelli had saved up for Sarah G’s ring since 2014? Ethel Booba on SEA Games cauldron: ‘Sulit kung corrupt ang panggatong’ Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. LATEST STORIES Vardy replied to Coleen on Twitter, saying she “never” speaks to journalists about her and that she recently discovered that “various people have had access to my insta.”“I’m disgusted that I’m even having to deny this,” added Vardy, who said she was “upset” at being accused by Coleen, especially because she is pregnant with her fifth child.Wayne Rooney, a former Manchester United striker who has been playing in the United States for MLS team D.C. United since July 2018, is returning to English soccer in January as player-coach of second-tier club Derby County.ADVERTISEMENT Rebekah Vardy is the wife of Leicester striker Jamie Vardy, who used to play for England’s national team alongside Wayne Rooney.Coleen said she spent five months attempting to work out who was sharing the stories, going as far as blocking everyone from viewing her Instagram page except for one account and then posting “a series of false stories to see if they made their way into” the newspaper.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSGreatest ever?SPORTSFormer PBA import Anthony Grundy passes away at 40SPORTSBecoming his own manColeen finished her tweet by saying her private investigation showed “just one person has viewed them. It’s ……….Rebekah Vardy’s account.”Vardy, who has 90,400 Twitter followers of her own and is well known for appearing in a reality TV show in Britain, denied leaking the information. Drilon apologizes to BCDA’s Dizon over false claim on designer of P50-M ‘kaldero’ DTI creates Marahuyo, a luxe Filipino fashion brand for global buyers This jewelry designer is also an architect Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Becoming his own man Trending Articles PLAY LIST 00:50Trending Articles00:50Trending Articles02:03DOH drafting order to lower prices of expensive medicines02:11Makabayan bloc defends protesting workers, tells Año to ‘shut up’03:07PH billiards team upbeat about gold medal chances in SEA Games01:38‘Bato’ to be ‘most effective’ CHR head? It’s for public to decide – Gascon02:07Aquino to Filipinos: Stand up vs abuses before you suffer De Lima’s ordeal01:28Ex-President Noynoy Aquino admits contracting pneumonia00:45Aquino agrees with Drilon on SEA games ‘kaldero’ spending issue Duterte calls himself, Go, Cayetano ‘the brightest stars’ in PH politics View comments MOST READ FILE – In this Saturday April 6, 2013 file photo, Coleen Rooney, left, wife of soccer player Wayne, and her son Kai, right, at Aintree Racecourse, Liverpool, England. The wives of two of English soccer’s most high-profile players have on Wednesday, Oct. 9, 2019 become embroiled in a spat on Twitter about the leaking of information to a tabloid newspaper. Wayne Rooney’s wife accused Jamie Vardy’s wife of informing The Sun about details of her private Instagram stories. (AP Photo/Scott Heppell, file)The wives of two of English soccer’s most high-profile players got embroiled in a spat on Twitter on Wednesday about the leaking of information to a tabloid newspaper.In a post to her 1.3 million followers, Wayne Rooney’s wife, Coleen, accused Rebekah Vardy — or somebody with access to Vardy’s account — of informing The Sun about details of her private stories written on Instagram.ADVERTISEMENT PSL: Cignal secures semis berth after turning back PLDT Home Canadian vaping study details danger from ‘popcorn lung’ chemical