Lowset home at The Gap, on 604sq m block, needs new owners

first_imgMore from newsDigital inspection tool proves a property boon for REA website3 Apr 2020The Camira homestead where kids roamed free28 May 20193 Tallawong Place, The Gap.Mr Thompson is selling the three-bedroom, two-bathroom home with plans to move to an acreage property at Burpengary.Set in a quiet cul-de-sac, the home is on a level 604sq m block, located 8km from the CBD and within proximity to all amenities.Mr Thompson has done some renovations to the home which included doing up the gardens and putting in a swimming pool. He has also installed ducted airconditioning, put in new carpets and a water tank.“It really is a quiet oasis,” Mr Thompson said.“It’s a lovely street and we’ve got good neighbours.“The Gap Village is nearby and it’s got everything you need, it’s just getting better and better.” 3 Tallawong Place, The Gap.When Will Thompson bought this lowset property, at 3 Tallawong Place, The Gap, he had his elderly mother’s interests in mind.But the time has come for him to sell the property he has owned for 10 years after his mum went into care recently.Mr Thompson, a book keeper, said he bought in The Gap area to be closer to his family.“I had two sisters living around there,” he said. “It’s such a lovely suburb with a great community spirit.” 3 Tallawong Place, The Gap.The home features three bedrooms plus a study/home office, master suite with walk-in-robe, ensuite and private courtyard.There is an alfresco setting which overlooks lush tropical gardens. There’s a heated spa and swimming pool with exercise jets.Mr Thompson hopes a young family or retired couple will buy his property.“We’ve had many great memories here,” he said.“There’s been Christmas gatherings, and anniversaries too.”center_img 3 Tallawong Place, The Gap.last_img read more

Champions League final eight set to be played behind closed doors

first_img The other outstanding tie will see German champions Bayern Munich entertain Chelsea at the Allianz Arena in pole position having won 3-0 in the first leg. The winners of those four ties will join the already-qualified quartet of Atalanta, RB Leipzig, Atletico Madrid and Paris Saint-Germain in the last eight. The latter stages will be played out in a unique final eight straight knockout format in Lisbon in August, starting on August 12 with the first quarter-final and concluding with the final at Benfica’s Estadio da Luz on August 23. All quarter-final and semi-final ties will be one-off matches. The Portuguese capital was announced as the venue in June but has since registered worrying numbers of coronavirus cases, with lockdown restrictions reimposed last week on 19 neighbourhoods across the northern periphery of Lisbon. The restrictions concern some 700,000 people and will remain in place for at least a fortnight. The Europa League will also be completed with an identical format, a final eight in Germany, with the final in Cologne on August 21. However, none of the last-16 ties have been completed, with only six of the eight first legs having been played. Benfica’s home stadium, the Estadio da Luz, will host the 2020 Champions League final Read Also: Ronaldo shows off ripped body as he recovers from AC Milan loss The other two ties – Inter Milan v Getafe and Sevilla v Roma – will be played as one-off ties in Germany. The women’s Champions League will be completed with a final eight in San Sebastian and Bilbao in Spain’s Basque Country between August 21 and 30. FacebookTwitterWhatsAppEmail分享 However, following a review, UEFA has decided to allow those sides who were supposed to be at home to play the matches in their own stadiums on August 7 and 8. It means that Italian champions Juventus will host Lyon in Turin looking to overturn a 1-0 deficit from the first leg played in France in late February. Loading… “Several elements were taken into account by UEFA when making a decision, such as the protection of the health of all those involved in the matches as well as the public at large; a responsibility to provide the safest environment for matches in order to guarantee the progress of competitions; as well as ensuring sporting fairness within a very inconsistent landscape (with some countries allowing and some forbidding stadium attendances),” European football’s governing body said in a statement. It added that “in light of the current situation, the UEFA Executive Committee felt it prudent to conclude that UEFA matches should take place behind closed doors until further notice.” UEFA said the decision had been made “in agreement with the national associations and authorities of the final eight tournaments’ hosts Germany, Portugal and Spain”. It also confirmed that “irrespective of any future decision, for reasons of sporting fairness”, all matches in the qualifying rounds of next season’s European competitions which are due to be held as a single-leg ties – so not including the play-offs for the Champions League – will be played behind closed doors. – Last-16 venues decided – Meanwhile, the remaining last-16 games, which were postponed in March because of the coronavirus pandemic, will not be played on neutral grounds when they finally go ahead in August. UEFA had indicated last month that the matches could be played in the northern Portuguese cities of Porto and Guimaraes depending on the health situation around the continent. The final eight of this season’s Champions League in Lisbon is set to go ahead behind closed doors after UEFA confirmed Thursday that all matches in European competitions would be played without spectators “until further notice” because of the coronavirus pandemic. The decision also affects the four outstanding last 16, second-leg matches, as well as the remainder of this season’s Europa League and the women’s Champions League final eight, to be played in Spain in August. Manchester City will defend a 2-1 lead when they entertain record 13-time champions Real Madrid at the Etihad Stadium, while Barcelona will host Napoli at the Camp Nou with that tie poised following a 1-1 draw in the first leg. Promoted Content7 Universities In The World With The Highest Market ValueThis Guy Photoshopped Himself Into Celeb Pics And It’s HystericalThe Highest Paid Football Players In The World7 Ways To Understand Your Girlfriend Better2020 Tattoo Trends: Here’s What You’ll See This YearWhich Country Is The Most Romantic In The World?Who Earns More Than Ronaldo?A Soviet Shot Put Thrower’s Record Hasn’t Been Beaten To This Day10 Places On Our Planet Where The Most People Live7 Universities Where Getting An Education Costs A Hefty Penny5 Of The World’s Most Unique Theme Parks7 Of The Wealthiest Universities In The Worldlast_img read more

No pre-season trip for Benteke

first_img That means he is still waiting to have his medical, scheduled to be held in the UK, and therefore makes flying him halfway around the world to join up with his prospective new team-mates a fruitless exercise. Manager Brendan Rodgers made Benteke his primary summer target to strengthen his forward line but, after initially refusing to meet the buy-out clause, the sale of Raheem Sterling to Manchester City in a £49million deal prompted a shift in thinking. England international Daniel Sturridge made just 18 appearances last season after missing virtually the first five months of the campaign with injury, and is likely to be sidelined until at least September after undergoing surgery on a hip problem, so Rodgers wants a striker who can stand up to the rigours of the Barclays Premier League. He has Benteke’s fellow international Divock Origi, playing his first season in English football after spending last term on loan at Lille, and summer signing from Burnley Danny Ings at his disposal – having decided Mario Balotelli, Rickie Lambert and Fabio Borini are all surplus to requirements – but needed some proven firepower. The club have invested heavily in Hoffenheim’s Brazil international Roberto Firmino, who could cost them up to £29million, but he is not an out-and-out forward and so Rodgers needed to recruit someone else to play as his spearhead. Liverpool have already bought six new players, including England right-back Nathaniel Clyne at a cost of £12.5million, and Benteke’s arrival would push their summer spending to around £80million. Striker Christian Benteke is highly unlikely to join up with Liverpool for any part of their pre-season tour as negotiations continue over his move from Aston Villa. The Reds travel to Adelaide on Saturday for their third match of pre-season preparations and, with no agreement over the finer details of the Belgium international’s transfer, there is little prospect of him flying out in time to make Friday’s game in Malaysia. Liverpool triggered the 24-year-old’s £32.5million release clause on Friday, but Press Association Sport understands negotiations are continuing as the clubs try to reach an arrangement over payment terms. center_img Press Associationlast_img read more

Brazil 2014 : Nigeria Eagles demand World Cup appearance cash

first_imgIt has been reveal that Super Eagles players, led by skipper Joseph Yobo and Mikel Obi have met with the leadership of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) to demand an appearance fee for the World Cup.This is outside the match bonus, which starts at $10,000-a-man for a first round match win, announced for the players for Brazil 2014.“The players led by Yobo and Mikel met with NFF president Aminu Maigari and some of his officials to demand for their own share of the cash FIFA will pay the country for at least featuring in the first round of the World Cup,” a top source informed AfricanFootball.comNigeria will already earn more than $9 million for qualification and participation in the first round of the 2014 World Cup and they will get more if they reach the knockout stages of the competition.For the World Cup warm-ups against Scotland, Greece and USA, each player received an appearance fee of $3,000.Fellow World Cup finalists Ghana are on an appearance fee of $75,000-a-man for the 23 players who made the final cut to Brazil 2014. It would be recalled that a row over such a fee derailed the Super Eagles at the 1998 World Cup in France as players and officials were locked in lengthy meetings to resolve the impasse.Most recently, another pay row almost caused the country to miss out on the 2013 FIFA Confederations Cup in Brazil, before the Presidency intervened to avoid an international embarrassment.This has led to the introduction of a code of conduct for the Eagles.The squad are due in Sao Paolo, Brazil tomorrow.last_img read more