The Croatian National Tourist Board presented itself at Virtuoso Travel Week, the most important tourist event on the American continent, which is being held for the thirtieth anniversary, from August 11 to 17 in Las Vegas. It is an event that brings together representatives of the most influential tourism entities specializing in luxury and experiential travel, and this year a record attendance was recorded with more than 6000 participants from 100 countries. Among the numerous participants of Virtuoso Travel Week are representatives of the Croatian tourism sector who held numerous meetings with representatives of tourism entities specializing in luxury travel from the USA, Canada, Latin America, Australia and New Zealand and introduced them to news in Croatia’s tourism offer. Ina Rodin, director of the CNTB Representative Office in New York, emphasized that joint marketing activities with Virtuos are one of the key priorities for the promotion of Croatia on the American market. “The popularity of Croatia and the growth of demand for our country within the Virtuoso network recorded a growth of about 28 percent. Croatia’s excellent position is further confirmed by the annual Virtuos survey, according to which Croatia is ranked among the top 10 destinations in as many as three categories, ie in the category of the fastest growing destinations, the most popular destinations for the so-called millenials travelers and in the category of the most popular international destinations”, said director Rodin. Important info for tourism workers targeting the US market.In 1783, the Republic of Dubrovnik was the first country in the world to recognize the United States.With 17.500 travel advisors from 50 countries, an annual turnover of more than $ 23,7 billion and a portfolio of more than 1.700 partners including hotels and resorts, airlines, cruise companies, onsite travel agencies and tourist boards, Virtuoso is one of the most important organizations in the luxury travel segment. Croatia has a total of six members in this network, and in addition to the Croatian National Tourist Board, they are Leonidas Travel DMC, Calvados Club, Fortuna Travel, Hotel Villa Dubrovnik and Boutique Hotel Alhambra – Lošinj Hotels & Villas.So far this year, 373.000 arrivals (+ 23%) and 1.058.000 overnight stays (+ 18%) have been generated from the US market, and this result ranks this market among the fastest growing emitting markets in 2018.
Newsroom GuidelinesNews TipsContact UsReport an Error In a court of law, any evidence that the St. Louis Cardinals are stealing signs from Dodgers catcher A.J. Ellis would barely qualify as “circumstantial.” Yet the questions were asked, because there had to be some reason why Clayton Kershaw imploded in the seventh inning of Game 1 of the National League Division Series on Friday. Kershaw allowed eight runs in a game for only the second time in his career. The first time was a July 2012 game — against St. Louis. Adding fuel to the conspiracy theories: Kershaw had not pitched out of the stretch prior to the seventh inning Friday. Afterward, until he was lifted, there was always a runner on base.Could it be the Cardinals are stealing signs? Cardinals manager Mike Matheny played with McGwire for two seasons and managed alongside him for one more. He isn’t flattered by questions about his team stealing signs.“That would be an insult, absolutely,” Matheny said. “Our guys go about their at-bats like pros and there’s a lot of things that are going to be said from a lot of different people, and that’s all it is. It’s just rumor and right now it could just be a distraction.“We go about our business the way we go about it. Whatever’s going to be said is going to be said.”Ryu ready?Dodgers left-hander Hyun-Jin Ryu normally doesn’t throw bullpen sessions between starts, but he did Friday. The purpose, Mattingly said, was “just telling us how good he’s feeling.”Ryu also threw a 45-pitch simulated game Wednesday. He hasn’t appeared in a game since Sept. 12, when a shoulder injury ended his start against the San Francisco Giants after one inning.The Dodgers are counting on a complete recovery when Ryu starts Game 3 in St. Louis on Monday.“Everything’s pretty much on target with Hyun-Jin,” Mattingly said. “He’s feeling good so we’re pretty confident that’s going to be ready to go.”Also …Cardinals catcher Yadier Molina won’t be suspended for shoving umpire Jerry Meals during a fracas in the third inning of Game 1. According to one report, MLB was considering fining Molina, who was booed heavily before each of his at-bats Saturday. … Infielder Miguel Rojas said that he will play Winter League baseball for La Guaira of the Venezuelan League. The league begins play next week. Rojas said he will spend a week in Miami after the Dodgers’ season ends before returning to his native country. … Outfielder Joc Pederson, who spent last winter in Venezuela, said that he’ll play in the Dominican Winter League instead. He hasn’t officially signed with a team. The verdict: Probably not.“All the years from being hitting coach to watching, I have one guy that’s ever relayed signs from second base — the actual sign, the actual pitch,” Dodgers manager Don Mattingly said. “Most teams, and we know it, everybody tries to pretty much give location. It’s common. … it’s just not that easy.“We know they’re trying to do it and everybody tries to do it. We’re switching signs. It’s just not that easy.”Dodgers hitting coach Mark McGwire, who spent parts of eight seasons in the Cardinals organization as a player or coach, said he played with “a few guys who leaned on tips — signs and tendencies.”“But I didn’t like it,” McGwire added. “As a hitter, you don’t want to know. Probably 98 percent of the players today don’t care to have anything like that.”
Wellington Police notes for Wednesday, May 7, 2014:â€¢2:38 a.m. Jesse L. Bolen-Holland, 22, Wichita, was arrested, charged and confined with driving while under the Influence – second offense, racing on highway and refuse preliminary breath test.â€¢1:14 p.m. Officers investigated criminal damage to door frames in the 27 block Clark Avenue, Wellington.â€¢1:57 p.m. Kenneth M. Etter, 45, Wellington was issued a notice to appear charged with defective taillights and defective brake lights.â€¢3:30 p.m. Officers took a report of suspicious activity of a known subject in the 200 block W. Denver, Perth.â€¢4:22 p.m. Officers investigated driving while license is suspended and no proof of insurance in the 1600 block N. Vandenburgh, Wellington.â€¢4:30 p.m. Mark S. Hatfield, 35, Wellington was issued a notice to appear charged with driving while license is suspended and no proof of insurance.
… we have a small favour to ask. The Guardian will engage with the most critical issues of our time – from the escalating climate catastrophe to widespread inequality to the influence of big tech on our lives. At a time when factual information is a necessity, we believe that each of us, around the world, deserves access to accurate reporting with integrity at its heart.More people are reading and supporting The Guardian’s independent, investigative journalism than ever before. And unlike many news organisations, we have chosen an approach that allows us to keep our journalism accessible to all, regardless of where they live or what they can afford. But we need your ongoing support to keep working as we do.Our editorial independence means we set our own agenda and voice our own opinions. Guardian journalism is free from commercial and political bias and not influenced by billionaire owners or shareholders. This means we can give a voice to those less heard, explore where others turn away, and rigorously challenge those in power.We need your support to keep delivering quality journalism, to maintain our openness and to protect our precious independence. Every reader contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support The Guardian from as little as $1 – and it only takes a minute. Thank you. Since you’re here… Share on WhatsApp Horse racing Read more First published on Mon 27 Oct 2008 20.01 EDT Topics Support The Guardian Officials at Wetherby racecourse, which appeared to have run out of friends earlier this month, can celebrate a double coup ahead of Saturday’s Charlie Hall Chase. Yesterday, as bookmakers Bet365 confirmed they had extended their sponsorship of the course’s flagship race for another three years, War Of Attrition was the star name among the five-day declarations for this year’s renewal.The outlook appeared very different three weeks ago, when the track had to pass an inspection before staging racing over fences for the first time since March. Prominent trainers expressed concern that the racing surface had not recovered from the reconfiguration that followed last year’s widening of the adjacent A1. Share on Pinterest Share on Twitter Wetherby joy as War declared Reuse this content The Recap: sign up for the best of the Guardian’s sport coverage @claimsfive Horse racing Mon 27 Oct 2008 20.01 EDT That concern has not been entirely allayed by a single successful raceday and the big-name trainers whose charges were among yesterday’s entries will be in need of some reassurance over the next few days. Clerk of the course Jonjo Sanderson describes the going as good to firm, firm in places, despite 10mm of rainfall recently.”We will continue to water the new areas of the course leading up to the meeting if necessary,” said Sanderson. “I anticipate the ground being similar to that which we had on our opening fixture [officially firm], which was widely reported to ride better than it perhaps walked.”Sanderson added that he was “hopeful that at some stage this week I’ll be able to drop the firm out of it”. That would appear to be necessary if War Of Attrition is to line up on Saturday, according to his trainer, Mouse Morris.”It just depends on the state of the ground, that’s all,” Morris explained. “He wants good ground anyway, so as long is it is safe, good ground, he’ll travel over.” War Of Attrition was on top of the chasing world when an emphatic winner of the 2006 Cheltenham Gold Cup but a tendon injury prevented him from defending his crown and kept him on the sidelines for 22 months. Few chasers retain their ability after such an absence but the nine-year-old raised hopes that he may prove an exception when hacking up on his return at Punchestown recently. Morris says he remains in “great nick” and he may need to be – his rivals on Saturday could include Albertas Run, successful in last season’s Royal & SunAlliance Chase, and Ollie Magern, winner of the Charlie Hall twice in the last three years. Nevertheless, the race sponsors make War Of Attrition the 3-1 favourite.Last year’s Gold Cup winner, Kauto Star, is 4-9 with William Hill to score on his seasonal reappearance at Down Royal on the same day, in the jnwine.com Champion Chase. His main rival is likely to be The Listener, who already has three top-class victories in Ireland to his name and will be having his first start for fledgeling trainer Nick Mitchell.Ron Cox’s tip of the daySurprise Pension 2.00 CatterickThe ability to handle testing ground in the dying embers of the Flat season is vital and Surprise Pension passes with flying colours. John Quinn’s four-year-old proved his ability in the mud when taking a similar handicap to today’s over the same 1m3f trip at Hamilton last month. Unsuited by the step back in trip on faster ground last time, he can score today with conditions to suit. Share on Facebook Shares00 Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share via Email Share on Messenger Chris Cook Share via Email Share on LinkedIn War of Attrition at the 2006 Cheltenham Gold Cup. Photograph: Andrew Redington/Getty Images