Southland Bowling Weekly Recap – Jan. 18

first_imgArkansas State – Mid-Winter Invitational, Jonesboro, Ark. – Team Finish: 4th/20 – Recap | ResultsNext Competition: Kutztown Invitational, Reading, Pa. – Jan. 19-21Louisiana Tech – Mid-Winter Invitational, Jonesboro, Ark. – Team Finish: 9th/20- Recap | ResultsNext Competition: Prairie View A&M Invitational, Arlington, Texas – Feb. 2-4Monmouth – IdleNext Competition: Kutztown Invitational, Reading, Pa. – Jan. 19-21Sam Houston State – Mid-Winter Invitational, Jonesboro, Ark. – Team Finish: 6th/20 – Recap | ResultsNext Competition: Kutztown Invitational, Reading, Pa. – Jan. 19-21Stephen F. Austin – Mid-Winter Invitational, Jonesboro, Ark. – Team Finish: 7th/20 – Recap | ResultsNext Competition: Kutztown Invitational, Reading, Pa. – Jan. 19-21Tulane – Mid-Winter Invitational, Jonesboro, Ark. – Team Finish: 5th/20 – Recap | ResultsNext Competition: Kutztown Invitational, Reading, Pa. – Jan. 19-21Valparaiso – Mid-Winter Invitational, Jonesboro, Ark. – Team Finish: 14th/20 – Recap | ResultsNext Competition: Crusader Classic, Richton Park, Ill. – Feb. 9-11Vanderbilt – Mid-Winter Invitational, Jonesboro, Ark. – Team Finish: 3rd/20 – Recap | ResultsNext Competition: Kutztown Invitational, Reading, Pa. – Jan. 19-21last_img read more

Spurs confirm forward Son will begin mandatory military service in South Korea

first_imgSon earned his exemption after helping his country win gold at the Asian Games in 2018.The speedy winger is currently recovering from a broken arm he suffered after falling hard during the opening minute of 3-2 win over Aston Villa – a game he scored a last-gasp winner in.Providing an update last month, he said: “It’s already more than four weeks after surgery now and I’m doing very, very well and working hard to be ready to come back.”Laura Woods doesn’t think it’s right for Premier League clubs like Tottenham and Liverpool to use the government’s furlough scheme 3TOTTENHAM have confirmed that Son Heung-min will commence his mandatory military service in South Korea this month during the coronavirus season delay.The 27-year-old will begin his four-week national service immediately, with the ex-Bayer Leverkusen forward not expected back in England until May.⚠️ Read our coronavirus in sport live blog for the latest news & updates3 Son Heung-min will now undertake his four-week national service in South KoreaCredit: Getty Images – GettyIn a statement, Spurs said: “The club can confirm that Heung-Min Son will commence his mandatory military service in South Korea this month.”The forward arrived back in his home country at the end of March where he is currently in quarantine.”Our medical staff are in regular contact as he concludes his recovery after fracturing his arm in our 3-2 win against Aston Villa on 16 February and continues to train.”Sonny had surgery on his arm in South Korea before returning to the UK at the end of February to continue his rehabilitation, prior to the initial announcement of the professional game in England being suspended as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.”The Premier League has since announced that the 2019/20 season will only return when it is ‘safe and appropriate to do so’ and is under constant review.”Son will return to London following the conclusion of his military service in May.”Under South Korean law, before the age of 28 you must complete 21 months of national service, unless you earn an exemption.3MOST READ IN FOOTBALLTHROUGH ITRobbie Keane reveals Claudine’s father was ’50-50′ in coronavirus battleTOP SELLERGavin Whelan has gone from League of Ireland to David Beckham’s InstagramPicturedAN EYEFULMeet Playboy model and football agent Anamaria Prodan bidding to buy her own clubI SAW ROORodallega saw Rooney ‘drinking like madman’ & Gerrard ‘on bar dancing shirtless’ExclusiveRIYAD RAIDMan City’s Riyad Mahrez has three luxury watches stolen in £500,000 raidNEXT STEPJonny Hayes set to move to English Championship having been let go by CelticCORONAVIRUS CRISIS – BE IN THE KNOWGet the latest coronavirus news, facts and figures from around the world – plus essential advice for you and your family.To receive our Covid-19 newsletter in your inbox every tea time, sign up here.To follow us on Facebook, simply ‘Like’ our Coronavirus page.last_img read more

Neville names Ginola as the player he feared the most during ’99 Treble run-in

first_imgMANCHESTER UNITED legend Gary Neville has revealed David Ginola gave him cold sweats during the Red Devils’ Treble-winning run-in in 1999.The 45-year-old has admitted that going into the last game of the Premier League campaign, the Tottenham star was all he had on his mind.3 Gary Neville has revealed he was nervous about facing David Ginola in 1999Credit: PA:Press AssociationUnited went into the 38th game of the term at home against Spurs knowing a win would ensure them the title with Arsenal a point behind.MAN UTD NEWS LIVE: Follow for the latest United newsDespite the club having the FA Cup final against Newcastle and Champions League final against Bayern Munich on the horizon, the task of facing Ginola weighed heavy on Neville.Ginola terrorised defences during the 1999 season, with the Frenchman – who was named as the PFA Player of the Year – getting Neville sent off earlier that campaign.Watching the 2-1 win back on Sky Sports, Neville recalled: “I have to say earlier on in the season I was sent off at White Hart Lane against Ginola.”This was the game I was most nervous about out of the three.”I was fine in the FA Cup final and fine in the European Cup final but this game made me nervous because he gave me a tough time earlier on in the season and I thought, ‘If we win the league there’s a pretty good chance he’ll have a massive impact on the game.'”Thankfully for Neville, Ginola went off injured in the first half, with David Beckham making sure the ex-Newcastle man didn’t have any success against his team-mate.3LATEST MAN UTD NEWSLive Blogunited newsMan Utd news LIVE – Latest updates from Old TraffordMAN DOWNUtd and City face TWO-WEEK summer if they reach Euro finals before new Prem seasonDEPAY CHARTMan Utd flop Memphis used computer data and analytics to quit Old TraffordODS ON?Ighalo to leave Man Utd TOMORROW unless dramatic extension can be reachedPEA SHOOTERHernandez: Man Utd ‘still haunted’ by ‘mistake’ of Moyes replacing FergusonDEVIL’S ADVOCATEEx-Man Utd star Chadwick dreaded being picked for Keane’s team in training3The former England international added: “I remember saying to Becks before this game and you can see in the first few minutes, Becks was really aggressive, ‘You’re going to have to come back and make sure he just doesn’t get any encouragement’.”Ginola was typical of any forward player that if you gave him encouragement in that first ten-15 minutes, he can take the game away from you.”We were really aggressive. I didn’t mean to kick him, it was pretty innocuous but he had to go off shortly after this and it felt like a big moment in the game.”Nick Hancock apologises to Luke Chadwick after BBC’s cruel jokes over his looks as Man Utd kidlast_img read more

Naholo returns with Havili set for test debut

first_imgNaholo has been named on the right wing for Sunday morning’s test against Argentina in Buenos Aires replacing Nehe Milner-Skudder.He hasn’t played a rugby championship this year.The Crusaders David Havili is set to make his test debut having been named in the reserves with Damian McKenzie again named at fullback.Anton Lienert-Brown will start at centre with Ngani Laumape named in the reserves as back cover.In the forwards, Luke Romano and Scott Barrett have been named as the starting locks, with Patrick Tuipulotu named in the reserves and in line for his first test this year.Vaea Fifita is at blindside flanker and Matt Todd at openside in his fourth Test start.While Hansen has tinkered with the side that beat the Springboks 57-0, there’s no recall for regular blindside flanker Jerome Kaino, who has not played for the team since the final test against the British and Irish Lions in early July.The 34-year-old dual World Cup winner played all three tests against the Lions but flew home to New Zealand shortly before the Rugby Championship opener against the Wallabies in Sydney in August.New Zealand Rugby said at the time that an Australian media report about Kaino’s private life had necessitated his return to Auckland.”We’ve selected what we believe is a quality team and have high expectations that they’ll go out and put in a strong performance this weekend,” said head coach Steve Hansen.”We are under no illusion about what we’ll be facing this weekend. After having a torrid tussle against us in New Plymouth, Argentina will be even more determined on their home pitch and in front of their passionate fans. Our job will be to start well and to put in a performance for the full 80 minutes.”The All Blacks have never lost to the Pumas. They have played one another 25 times with the All Blacks winning 24 of those matches and drawing one.A win on Sunday will assure them of the Rugby Championship title with a game to spare.The All Blacks squad:Kane Hames, Dane Coles, Nepo Laulala, Luke Romano, Scott Barrett, Vaea Fifita, Matt Todd, Kieran Read (c), Aaron Smith, Beauden Barrett, Rieko Ioane, Sonny Bill Williams, Anton Lienert-Brown, Waisake Naholo, Damian McKenzie.Reserves: Codie Taylor, Wyatt Crockett, Ofa Tu’ungafasi, Patrick Tuipulotu, Ardie Savea, TJ Perenara, Ngani Laumape, David Havili.last_img read more

Official condemns unruly Lions fans in Cup final

first_imgFans from the Simbu TNA Lions were seen hurling containers and other objects at the referees and linesmen after the game.The fans also verbally abused them and tried to run onto the field.David Silovo, who is on the Judiciary of the Digicel Cup competition, said this was uncalled for and these fans had ruined what was a good game.He reported on Facebook later: “The referees went back to Brisbane this morning and they were calm and collected and were at their usual best and cheerful.”But i completely deplore the incompetence of the venue security and police for setting a blind eye to the safety of referees and other officials running the games.”Alcohol shold not be served in bottles anymore. Paper cups should be used for softdrinks and all teams must have water in  in eskies and not bring packaged water containers,” said Silovo.last_img read more

WADA may call for total Russian ban at Rio 2016 if Sochi 2014 allegations proven

first_imgThis ban will come in place if accusations of an orchestrated and state-supported doping scheme at Sochi 2014 are proven, the body’s President Sir Craig Reedie claimed here today.Sir Craig described Richard McLaren’s pending report into the allegations concerning the Winter Olympics in 2014 as a “precedent-setting opportunity to demonstrate collective commitment to clean sport”.McLaren was part of the Independent Commission that published damning reports into Russian doping, leading to the athletes from the country being banned from participating at Rio 2016, and the investigation is currently in progress.The results of the report are due to be revealed no later than July 15.It was launched after Grigory Rodchenkov, the former head of the Moscow Anti-Doping Laboratory, claimed that up to 15 Russian medal winners  at Sochi 2014 were implicated in a clandestine operation in which doping samples were switched for clean ones.Rodchenkov, the subject of a criminal case from Russian Federal investigators, alleged that the state-sponsored scheme involved athletes ingesting a “three-drug cocktail” of banned steroids which were mixed with alcohol.It also featured as a covert system to replace the urine of affected medal winners with clean samples using soda containers and baby bottles, he claimed.Richard Pound, the founding President of WADA who chaired the Independent Commission tasked with investigating Russia in November of last year, told The Sunday Times that suspending the entire Russian team from Rio 2016 was “not impossible”.Sir Craig, who will remain as an International Olympic Committee (IOC) vice-president until Rio 2016, intimated that WADA would push for strong action should McLaren’s Independent Commission produce clear evidence of state-supported doping in Russia.WADA does not have the power to directly ban countries but can make recommendations which are difficult to ignore.“The Independent Commission reports said it would be naïve that there would not be further complications,” the Briton said at the WADA Media Symposium here.“If the fuller investigation on his report clearly indicate [state-sponsored doping], I would regard that as a high-profile moment that we will have to deal with.“There are responsibilities under the code for International Federations.”WADA does not have the power to determine which sports do what.”If McLaren produces detailed corroborative evidence that goes beyond athletics, we will respond firmly and effectively.”WADA themselves released a report detailing the state of progress in Russia last week, which made a mockery of Russia’s repeated claims to have made significant improvements.Severe problems were raised with in and out-of-competition testing, with testers facing athletes running away rather than provide samples as well as the presence of intimidating FSB officials and – in one case – an athlete who tried to pay a bribe after a failed attempt at switching urine samples.In the most extreme example of cheating recorded, an athletics athlete “used a container inserted inside her body – presumably containing clean urine – which leaked onto the floor and not into the collection vessel.”The unnamed athlete threw the container into a bin before this was retrieved by the tester, who she then attempted to bribe before providing a sample which subsequently returned a positive result. Sir Craig also said WADA “applauds” the decision of the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) to maintain the ban on the All-Russia Athletic Federation, which ruled the majority Russian track and field athletes out of Rio 2016.Only Russian athletes who can prove they have operated in an effective testing system will be able to compete internationally at events including the Olympics, a requirement which, in practice, is limited to those based outside the country.The IOC has also come out in support of the IAAF ruling ahead of a crucial Olympic Summit on doping, due to be held in Lausanne tomorrow.last_img read more

Barça no longer makes pineapple

first_imgBut there is a detail that was not overlooked by experts and amateurs. And there are already two games in a row in which the squad, after the warm-up and before retiring to the changing rooms, in which they do not all meet to make the classic harangue they had been doing so far. It is still an anecdote, but the truth is that Barça de Quique Setién he has lost a habit he had when Ernesto Valverde He sat on the Barca bench and a long time ago.Maybe the fans would like to continue watching, if only for a simple team gesture, that there is union in the squad, something they will probably continue to do before jumping on the grass while they change. They no longer make pineapple in public, although it seems they don’t need it in view of the last two results. Barcelona won Levante yesterday thanks to two goals from the very young Ansu Fati, both assisted by Leo Messi (2-1). The victory served not to lose the wake of Real Madrid at the top of the table and to continue with the sensation, after the meeting of Cup before him Leganés, that with the change of coach the Barça It may be more vertical than it seems.last_img read more

Ismaila Sarr: “I chose Rennes over Barça; I wanted to play”

first_imgIsmaila Sarr has granted an interview to the official Watford media, in which he has surprised by telling how he rejected Barcelona in 2017. According to his version, the Blaugrana club made him an offer, but he himself decided not to accept it and to do so with that of Rennes, of Ligue 1. The attacker, with a market value of 27 million euros, is being a prominent name in the Premier, with five goals and four assists in the 18 games played. “It is true that I chose Rennes over Barcelona and made this decision because I did not want to go to Barcelona to sit on the bench or play for team B. I wanted to play, I really wanted to play and that’s why I chose to go to Rennes“, Explain.Who knows if he had seen his projection slowed down in case he chose Barcelona before the Rennes offer. At the moment, it seems that he took the right course. His performance in France led him last summer to sign for Watford for 30 million euros. In the Premier already shines and, at 22, points to one of the young promises with the longest travel in England.last_img read more